HUMAN RESOURCES CODE
TITLE 2. HUMAN SERVICES AND PROTECTIVE SERVICES IN GENERAL
SUBTITLE E. SERVICES FOR FAMILIES
CHAPTER 52. INFORMATION RELATING TO SCHOOL AGE PREGNANCY
Sec. 52.001. SCHOOL AGE PREGNANCY PREVENTION. (a) The department is designated as the state agency to collect statistical information on school age pregnancy and disburse such statistics to the proper state agencies.
(b) The department shall:
(1) set guidelines for keeping statistical information on school age pregnancy and parenthood by agencies, organizations, and individuals so that the information may be evaluated and compared;
(2) collect information relating to school age pregnancy as considered necessary by the department, including information on educational programs provided in the public school system relating to family life education, abstinence from sex, and sexually transmitted diseases;
(3) serve as a statewide clearinghouse on information relating to school age pregnancy and education on abstinence from sex and make it available to the legislature, other state agencies, and private entities that are involved in preventing school age pregnancy, addressing the problems caused by school age pregnancy, or encouraging abstinence from sex;
(4) analyze and evaluate the data collected on and studies relating to school age pregnancy and make the analysis and information readily available to the legislature, relevant agencies, and the public; and
(5) make recommendations to the relevant state agencies or the legislature to prevent duplication of services.
(c) Repealed by Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1083, Sec. 25(115), eff. June 17, 2011.
Added by Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 1052, Sec. 1.19, eff. Sept. 1, 1987.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1050 (S.B. 71), Sec. 17, eff. September 1, 2011.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1050 (S.B. 71), Sec. 23(11), eff. September 1, 2011.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1083 (S.B. 1179), Sec. 19, eff. June 17, 2011.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1083 (S.B. 1179), Sec. 25(115), eff. June 17, 2011.